BSG Training - delivering ICT Training Solutions for you
This course is intended for IT professionals who are familiar with managing on-premises IT deployments that include AD DS, virtualization technologies, and applications. The students typically work for organizations that are planning to locate some or all of their infrastructure services on Azure.
The developers targeted by this training are web application developers who have 6-12 months of web development experience using ASP.NET and C#. Said developers are interested in deploying their ASP.NET applications to Azure, integrating the applications with the Azure services and using best practices to build a highly scalable application.
Its important delegates meet the stated prerequisites due to the in-depth, content-heavy and dynamic nature of the course. Attendees are required to use Azure trial accounts during the course. The audience profile below gives an idea of what the course covers and Windows Server is mentioned.
- Completed the Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) certification in Windows Server 2012.
- Understanding of on-premises virtualization technologies, including: virtual machines, virtual networking, and virtual hard disks (VHDs).
- Understanding of network configuration, including: TCP/IP, Domain Name System (DNS), virtual private networks (VPNs), firewalls and encryption technologies.
- Understanding of websites, including: how to create, configure, monitor and deploy a website on Internet Information Services (IIS).
- Understanding of Active Directory concepts, including: domains, forests, domain controllers, replication, Kerberos protocol, and Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP).
- Understanding of database concepts, including: tables, queries, Structured Query Language (SQL) and database schemas.
- Understanding of resilience and disaster recovery, including backup and restore operations.
- Automate operations in Azure management by using automation
- Describe Azure architecture components, including infrastructure, tools and portals.
- Implement and manage virtual networking within Azure and connect to on-premises environments.
- Plan and create Azure virtual machines.
- Configure, manage and monitor Azure virtual machines to optimize availability and reliability.
- Deploy and configure web apps and mobile apps.
- Implement, manage, backup and monitor storage solutions.
- Plan and implement data services based on SQL Database to support applications.
- Deploy, configure, monitor, and diagnose cloud services.
- Create and manage Azure AD tenants, and configure application integration with Azure AD.
- Integrate on-premises Windows AD with Azure AD.
Module 1: Introduction to Azure
Module 2: Implementing and managing Azure networking
Module 3: Implementing virtual machines
Module 4: Managing virtual machines
Module 5: Implementing Azure App services
Module 6: Planning and implementing storage, backup, and recovery services
Module 7: Planning and implementing Azure SQL Database
Module 8: Implementing PaaS cloud services
Module 9: Implementing Azure Active Directory
Module 10: Managing Active Directory in a hybrid environment
Module 11: Implementing Azure-based management and automation