BSG Training - delivering ICT Training Solutions for you
This workshop is a chance for developers and IT Pros to come together and learn the architecture skills necessary to design solutions for Microsoft Azure. The classroom experience for this workshop is high-level review of the pre-requisite materials students are expected to have completed in advance. Then, students will assemble into groups to work on several real-world design case studies to design solutions for the Microsoft Azure platform.
Students of this workshop should be intermediate to advanced users of the Microsoft Azure platform. They should be either developers or IT Pros, and have broad experience with all of the platform. This course is targeted at students who aspire to become solution architects.
Prior to attending this workshop, students should complete the following course, or have the requisite knowledge and experience equivalent to its content: DEV205Bx on edx.org: https://aka.ms/edxazurearchitecture
After completing this workshop, a student should be able to design principles and techniques for:
- Cloud Infrastructure and Development
- Microsoft Azure Infrastructure and Networking
- App Services Web Apps
- Advanced Applications
- Application Storage & Data Access
- Securing Resources
- Management, Monitoring Strategy
- Business Continuity Strategy
Module 1: Design Principles for Cloud Infrastructure and Development
- In this module you will review common patterns for cloud applications, and design techniques for performance, resiliency and scalability
Module 2: Designing App Service Web Apps
- In this module you will review the features and capabilities of Azure Web Apps, Azure SQL Database, ARM, and design techniques for business continuity.
Module 3: Designing Application Storage & Data Access
- In this module you will review the features and capabilities of Azure Storage, Mobile Services, other Azure storage options, and related design techniques.
Module 4: Securing Resources
- In this module you will review various techniques for designing secure solutions.
Module 5: Design Microsoft Azure Infrastructure & Networking
- In this module you will review core Azure networking and infrastructure features and capabilities and design techniques for distributed applications.
Module 6: Designing an Advanced Application
- In this module you will review advanced Azure platform capabilities including running compute-intensive applications, long-running jobs, and other advanced features.
Module 7: Designing a Management and Monitoring Strategy
- In this module you will review techniques for configuring, monitoring, and continuous updating of Azure applications.
Module 8: Designing a Business Continuity Strategy
- In this module you will review techniques for designing backup and recovery solutions.